Atlantic City Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys
If you or someone close to you is wrongfully injured or killed in an automobile crash, you should speak with an experienced attorney. At Westmoreland Vesper & Quattrone, our Atlantic City motor vehicle accident attorneys have years of successful experience helping automobile accident victims and their families throughout Atlantic, Cumberland, and Cape May Counties.
We know how to negotiate with insurance companies and the at-fault driver, challenge insurance company attempts to downplay the extent or cause of injuries, and how to present your case so juries can understand what really happened. We also help our clients communicate with insurance adjusters and investigators, and fight to ensure that the injured person is fully and fairly compensated.
According to the NJ Department of Transportation, there are approximately 300,000 vehicle collisions each year in New Jersey. While common, they are by no means less serious and destructive. While you may initially think that having been rear ended in a car accident would be an “open and close” uncomplicated claim, it is far from that. Auto collision victims must satisfy threshold limitation. Treatment is regulated by the insurance companies, who require medical pre-certifications that even medical professionals have difficulty in deciphering.
Dara Quattrone has spent over 25 years fighting for auto accident victims’ rights. She has been certified as a Civil Trial Attorney by the New Jersey Supreme Court, and she has extensive experience in personal injury claims from motor vehicle accidents. Not only does she strive to get you the best settlement or verdict in your case, she and her staff will also assist you in your immediate post-accident needs and questions such as:
- Who pays my medical bills?
- Who pays loss of income?
- What if I had aggravated a previously injured body part?
- What happens if I need surgery in the future?
Atlantic City Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys – Our Process
In New Jersey, auto claims are subject to the lawsuit limitation or threshold which requires evidence that a victim has sustained a permanent injury that has not healed to function normally despite medical care. We are not intimidated by this threshold. If you have been injured due to negligent operative of a motor vehicle, we will represent you.
Our firm has over 50 years of experience in representing motor vehicle accident victims, and to date we have recovered over $250,000,000 for personal injury victims and their families. We know how to handle motor vehicle accident claims, how to gather and present evidence, and how to prepare for inevitable claims an insurance company may make to avoid paying a deserved sum to victims.
We take the time to make sure that your claim is handled right. That includes making sure that you have no outstanding medical bills or liens at the conclusion of your claim. It we cannot settle your claim, we are not afraid of going to trial when necessary to fight for your rights. All of our personal injury attorneys are certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO AFTER AN AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT?
If you are physically able you should:
- Call for the police. Do not move your vehicle without their permission.
- Obtain the name, address and telephone number of all drivers involved in the accident and any witnesses present.
- Obtain each driver’s car insurance company’s name and telephone number, and the policy number, if available.
- Cooperate with the police in preparing an accident report and tell them of any admissions the other party made before they arrived.
- Photograph the vehicles involved in the collision and their placement on the roadway.
- If you elected not to go to the hospital from the scene but develop pain after you are home, go to the emergency room.
- Call your insurance company as soon as possible. Your insurance carrier will provide you with a claim number for your medical treatment.
- Make sure you see a physician who specializes in trauma medicine as soon as possible if you are experiencing any pain, and be sure to have yourself physically examined as thoroughly as possible. Do not be fooled into wishful thinking that the pain will just go away without proper evaluation and treatment, and you should always check for injuries you are not feeling right away.
- Get legal advice from Westmoreland Vesper & Quattrone before filling out insurance documents, giving tape-recorded statements to any insurance company (even your own company), or meeting with any insurance company representative.
- Photograph your injuries. This will document the magnitude of your injury as the scars, bruises and cuts may heal, while the structure, nerves and tissue beneath the skin may remain damaged.
- Gather all insurance policies in your household for evaluation by our attorneys. You may be entitled to insurance coverage under each separate insurance policy.
- Get advice from Westmoreland Vesper & Quattrone before making any recorded statement, signing any check or document from an insurance company.
If you or a family member has been injured, due to the negligence of others, please fill out our Contact Form or call us at 609-645-1111 to learn more. We would be happy to arrange for a confidential free consultation.